pain in the...

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by nick crepeau on October 02, 2011 at 16:53:07:

As I glanced at my Garmin I was about 3.5 into an easy paced 5 miler on this awesome Sunday afternoon. The first three miles were uneventful except for in my right shoe I was dealing with what I thought was a small piece of stick or rock that had somehow made it inside my shoe. Not wanting to stop, I endured on with occasional contact with this foreign being. That is until 3.5. Suddenly the sharpest pain, I have experienced in a very long time, had just occurred. I thought for a second, well maybe I just hit that damn rock and it would shift to one side of the shoe or the other. However, the pain continued and after just two more steps I was motionless sitting on the side of the road yanking at the laces. As I removed the shoe, I found it, there it was this thing, this monster that had stopped me in my tracks. Sticking in my big toe was a Safety Pin that I used in yesterday’s race. So I hurriedly snatched it out of my toe and sat there for a moment just staring at it, thinking to myself, Nick you are a moron how did you let that thing slip its way into your shoe. I just chalked it up to one of those crazy little things that happen in life. Well from there I laced up the shoe and pushed on with the rest of my run.

I am thinking i will carry that pin with me on my next run to remind myself that there is greater pain sometimes than the pain we feel as we run. Well anyway, I just thought I would share a crazy little story with everyone.

nick

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: