12/02/04 6:00 to 9:00pm: A Cheesy Event 4 Whiners

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Monetta Roberts on November 27, 2004 at 08:43:35:

Greetings & Salutations!

First of all, Athena---I am sending a speedy recovery wish your way. Sounds like you've been put through the mill, girl.

Secondly, I want to let all the loco, I mean, the local Team in Training graduates, and everyone else, know that a wonderfully fun opportunity to help support the Alabama Chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and the current area TNT marathoners- and 1/2 marathoners-2B is just around the corner. (And if you think that was a long sentence, just wait until I've had a couple sips of wine...)

Anyway, it's time for team captain extraordinaire Roy Seewer's 3rd Annual Team in Training Wine Tasting to be held in Stewartfield (the beautiful Creole cottage) which sits majestically at the south end of the Avenue of Oaks, on the campus of Spring Hill College. The annual event is set this year for Thursday, December 2, 2004.

Roy, of Butch Cassidy's fame (donator of countless hot dogs and other good eats to many PCP races) has done his usual tremendous job of gathering together a stunningly superb variety of wines for your tasting pleasure. The wines will be complimented by Roy's famous block o' fine cheese(es), as well as other delectable, palate-cleansing refreshments (including non-alcoholic beverages), and the savage beasts among you (Victor, Timmy, Jon, et al) will be soothed by live music.

And as if a wine tasting/cheese tasting in the elegant Stewartfield weren't enough, Roy and the current team have amassed a crazed assortment of items---from beautiful sterling silver jewelry to Senior Bowl prints to gift baskets to gift certificates to local restaurants to you name it, all to be offered up at silent auction. And all to benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. We hope each and every one of you will join us for this fun evening, and help a most worthy cause at the very same time.

Speaking of time, the festivities get under way at 6:00pm (and last until 9:00pm) and tickets are $20 per person. You can e-mail me for more information about purchasing tickets; buy them at the door; or you may contact Roy Seewer at: seewer1@comcast.net, or at 450-0690 or 473-7573, or any current TNT 13.1- or 26.2-miler.

We'll look forward to toasting you there!

Monetta Roberts
Coach to the Team in Training Marathon & 1/2 Marathon Stars

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL: