Turkey 10 miler

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by athena lopez on November 20, 2004 at 12:40:34:

Brent did and outstanding job with this race. I had a wonderful time. My favorite part was arguing with Victor for the first 2 miles. It was great! Victor is a big cheater. He cut me off. He is so rough.

The volunteers were awesome. Not only did they hand out water but they all shouted and cheered us on. I was so dead after 6 miles. I made the mistake and waited till mile 5 to get water. I thought I was fine and did not need any but I guess I should have grabbed some even if I felt like I didn't need it. At mile 6 both of my calves cramped like I had just gotten a Charlie Horse. OUCH!!! Has anyone ever experienced this before? I felt so dehydrated it was bad. I was so close to stopping. So many of you that I saw running past me or in the opposite direction cheered me on. You guys do not know how badly I needed that. Thank you all so much for helping me finish when I didn't think I could. I was so blessed and thankful to see the massage therapy school there. The massage helped but I my calves hurt so bad that I can hardly walk. I hope this goes away. At the moment I wish I had a whirlpool.

Thank you all again for being so awesome!

PS
To Jon A. I am so sorry about moving to the wrong side when the truck came. I was so delirious I did not know my right from left at that time. I hope the driver forgives me.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: